Monday, February 29, 2016

Audio Editing

One of the things that I do in my work- edit audio clips for podcasts and other media productions.

I have a couple of tools on my Mac that are standard tools--a piece of freeware called Audacity, and Adobe Audition.  (Not to mention that Garage Band comes with the Mac OS)

I have been using Audacity for years, and like the ease of use, and the ability to quickly edit a piece of audio.

I have only been using Audition for about 18 months.  It is one of the best tools out there, and I have not used all of the options available to me. It is more than I need for my use (and I would never pay the price to personally own it).

So, the experiment had me looking for apps that could help me edit audio.  I ran across the Beautiful Audio Editor App over the weekend and thought I would try it out.

The first tests were conclusive-it can be done.

Was the recording capability as good as my current set-up in the office? No.

Was it easy to use? Yes.  Even someone who has never edited audio before could earn it in a few minutes.

Were there many options for editing? Not a huge amount, but adequate for a simple project.

Was it worth the price? Yep, free is good.

So, here's a first project that I tried in the app (and then I uploaded it to my Spreaker account so that I could post the widget below):


What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment