Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday Morning with Chromebook

It is Saturday morning and the Chromebook is on my lap.

Most Saturday mornings are fairly lazy, when there isn't a work event to attend to.

My preferred Saturday morning is to spend time listening to NPR from 9 am to noon.  Weekend Edition, followed by Car Talk, and then Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me.

Sometimes I play it through my smart TV app- Tune In, sometime it is on the NPR iPad app, this morning was a day for the Chromebook.

There is an app in the Chrome Web Store called NPR Infinite Player.  It takes you to the website- NPR One, which also is an iPhone app.  It is easy to sign on as a user, and have access to news features and your local NPR station stream.

So I have tried listening to my three hours of radio in a number of ways on the Chromebook...with the speakers on the laptop, with headphones plugged in, and through my Bluetooth sound system.

The speakers are a little tinny and not as high quality as my MacBook speakers.  They will do in a pinch, but they are not a true multi-media experience.

The headphone quality was good.  Richer than the speakers, but then I can't get more that a foot or so from the laptop.  I am not carrying my laptop to the bathroom.

My favorite by far is using Bluetooth.  Rich, stereo sound with excellent connection.  I would guess that this will cut down on battery life, but it is effective.

So, here's to the Chromebook and a little leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment